Overhauled Search

Posted 7. February 2018

AndyRixon
If at first you don't succeed!
TidyBB Management
  • 13. November 2017 Joined
  • 112 Threads
  • 114 Quote ID
For a while now I have wanted to overhaul the search feature on LayerBB, it has been nothing but problematic, my idea is as follows;
  • Thread Search
  • Member Search
  • Integrated Application Search - What I mean with this is if the application has things submitted to the database, such as the download application for files, why not allow members to search for a specific file. This would mean slight changes to the application system slightly.

Each "category" of search will be selected with a drop down which then selects that table and searches with the keyword(s) that the user has entered.

I'd like to get everyone's opinions on this as well, sort of combine everyone's ideas into one regarding the search feature.
Kind Regards,
Andy Rixon
TidyBB Project Manager

Please do not message me, unless you have been requested to by myself or a member of staff.

Posted 8. February 2018

KarlBrittain
User
General Member
  • 43 Threads
  • 119 Quote ID
A universal search feature is definitely a must needed one. 
Kind Regards, 
Karl Brittain

Please do not message me, unless you have been requested to by myself .

Posted 17. February 2018

AndyRixon
If at first you don't succeed!
TidyBB Management
  • 112 Threads
  • 128 Quote ID
This won't be in the next version, however I am planning for this to be in a major release such as 1.1.0 since this is a major feature change which will require changes to a number of systems.
Kind Regards,
Andy Rixon
TidyBB Project Manager

Please do not message me, unless you have been requested to by myself or a member of staff.