Posted 7. August 2022

AndyRixon
If at first you don't succeed!
TidyBB Management
  • 13. November 2017 Joined
  • 112 Threads
  • 300 Quote ID
Hello everyone,
As you may of noticed, LayerBB is back and we are working on our next steps and I think we are far enough in our thought process to let you know what we are thinking.

LayerBB 1.1.x Series
We are working on closing up our 1.1.x series of LayerBB, this means that we will only be doing one final update to this series, while this may not seem ideal we see it as clearing up loose ends to enable us to fully put the time and effort into LayerBB 2.0. 

LayerBB 2.0.x Series
2.0.x is going to be a major milestone release, and it changes everything. While we would love to put all our time into this version, we currently can't due to 1.1.x as mentioned above.

We are working on a conversion script that allows us and you to upgrade from 1.1.x to 2.0.0 without loosing any data, this is a big task due to the big differences in both versions, we have a partially working script, however it is still a long way away from being fully usable.

So what does all this mean?
In simple terms, we are looking at closing out LayerBB 1.1.x as soon as possible so that we can dedicate all of our time to 2.0.x.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate and ask us in a  reply to this topic.
Kind Regards,
Andy Rixon
TidyBB Project Manager

Please do not message me, unless you have been requested to by myself or a member of staff.

Posted 10. August 2022

AndyRixon
If at first you don't succeed!
TidyBB Management
  • 13. November 2017 Joined
  • 112 Threads
  • 301 Quote ID
So... plans have changed slightly.

LayerBB 2.0.0 was going to be a fork from another open source forum software called Vanilla, this has now changed after a few more days customising & planning.

We are now working on a brand-new system, built from the ground up by myself. This means I can make LayerBB how I originally invisioned, a simple yet highly customisable forum/community software with security always in mind.

Don't worry though, this doesn't mean it will take longer, infact I am already quite far into development, I will get some screenshots out for you all soon.
Kind Regards,
Andy Rixon
TidyBB Project Manager

Please do not message me, unless you have been requested to by myself or a member of staff.